Saturday, August 11, 2007

Experiences after team training

Since team training ended, Apollo and I have done a few events for Summit by sitting at their booth. At our first event we got the opportunity to meet a bird that a lady was walking around with. I was a little nervous about how Apollo would react, but he did really well.





Apollo also likes going to the dog park where he is friends with absolutely every dog around!!






I don’t really have any great mushy stories to tell so far, but I was in Costco today and standing in line to check out. A gentleman in the next line over asked if he could ask me a question. He said that he knew about seeing eye dogs for the blind, but didn’t really understand what he was seeing with Apollo and I. I explained to him all the things that Apollo can do to help me, and he was amazed. They guy was sincerely interested in hearing about Apollo and I, and it felt good to introduce someone to the world of service dogs.

Peggy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Peggy,

I'm Sue Meinzinger's sister. I've really enjoyed reading your posts and seeing the pictures. I had no idea it was so much work to get an assistance dog! Here in Canada we don't have one or two dollar bills, just coins for those. I guess those would be hard to retrieve if they were dropped in a store. Congratulations to both you and Apollo for doing so well in your training!

PeggySueO said...

Hi...you mean Sue hasn't told you all there is to know about the assistance dog world??

As for the coins. Apollo really did manage to pick up a quarter in training. I was so surprised he could get it off the floor!!

Anonymous said...

Nope, she hasn't told me ALL of it. I probably need to let her talk more, now that I think of it. I do go on and on about my grandchildren. Well, they are Sue's grandnieces and grandnephews, after all. (-;

Apollo picked up a quarter from the floor? I'm trying to picture how he could do that...