Monday, September 17, 2007

Notes from a volunteer puppy raiser - Maya

That's All Folks - She's gone now.

I delivered Maya to Alice this Friday, Sept. 14, and she brought her up to Anacortes the next day. When she left me, I had just about 8 tears to shed as I had used up so many in the past two weeks. Chloe, her little sister, is now getting a super abundance of hugs and attention.

Maya is staying and training with Sue M. and will be there for about 6 months. Sue says that she has settled right down and is doing well.

The day before she left, I gave her the final haircut at my house. Poodles take a lot of grooming, and the Summit staff has lots to do, so I gave Maya a 'working girl' cut. I cut short all her body, tail and head fluff, trimmed down her ears, and just left a little fluff on her mustache area. She looked like a sleek hunting dog with a beautiful body - not cute, but beautiful.

So I guess my future posts to this blog will be about Chloe for a while, as I don't have another Summit dog yet.

Donna

No comments: