Sunday, September 9, 2007

PAWSwalk

I had the pleasure of seeing two of Summit’s wonderful volunteers “in action”, at the PAWSwalk as they interacted with visitors to the Summit booth.  I missed meeting the morning crew, but I know that they also have shown this same dedication as have all of the other volunteers who have responded to Summit’s calls for help.

As a recipient of a service dog, it is profound for me to think about how many people have given in their different ways, making it possible for me to have Hayden in my life.  There are the staff, volunteers, donors and others.  It takes all of these people to hold Summit together in a way that the goal of giving assistance dogs to people like me, happens.

I used to work in non-profits and I loved the fact that the work I did benefited people who had needs that we were able to assist with.  Now, I’m in the other position.  It’s been a hard adjustment to admit that I need help and that as the days pass, the needs seem to grow and change.  The way that I am treated by everyone associated with Summit, with respect, makes it much easier to accept the gifts I have been given and continue to receive.

So, to all that support Summit in any way, thank you for your gift.  Your giving spirit is greatly appreciated by the people in my life and me.

Michelle

No comments: