Monday, December 24, 2007

Morgan’s Holiday Blog, 2007



Greetings, all you canines and humans. I thought I’d let you all know how it’s going in the Lee household. Well, it’s winter time and we have snow, which I love to play in and snuffle. But I am still not supposed to run or hurt my healing knees. Bah! Humbug!



It’s also what the humans refer to as holiday time. It doesn’t mean all that much to me, except that we have a green tree in the house (!), and I can’t use it for a marking spot. It’s by the back doors where the sun comes in, and all us animals like to nap and stretch in the sun. Here’s one of the cats I live with looking out at the snow. No way would they go out and try something new! I don’t know if it’s the black cat or the grey one from the photo; they are both so rotund. (All they do is eat and sleep, eat and sleep.)



Here are shots my human took out the back window, one of the sunrise and one at night with snow and lights in the tree with farolitos. I know what those are: they are like plastic lunch bags with lights, all the thing in Santa Fe. I think in other places they are known as luminaries. Ho hum, lights don’t really do much for me, but Alice likes them.


Me, I like presents. I know there are some under the weird-looking tree with my name on em. I can smell them. Why we have to wait is beyond me.

Hey guys, don’t eat plants like mistletoe, poinsettias, or holly. You’ll wish you hadn’t. Also don’t indulge yourself like the humans do with chocolate, cookies, rich eggnog, stuff like that. Taking off pounds is not fun. You want to keep svelte (like me). It is better for your health.

For the New Year people also make something called resolutions. Alice made two: Go slowly and ask for help. She doesn’t want to do either, but her physical therapist told her that. I was a witness. I like Corina lots. She’s cool.

Alice is also letting me go to the elementary school on Mondays. Like a king I get to walk in and out of the car on a ramp. All it needs is a red carpet. Can you imagine 25 little kids (multiply that by two for their little hands) all petting me at once? It happened last week. I just sigh and let them get their thrills. Ever seen a dog in school?


Well as they say, happy holidays.
I might add peace and goodwill to all humans and dogs.
Peace!

Morgan (as dictated to his human, Alice)

2 comments:

grandma said...

Happy Howl-i-days, Morgan!

Hope your pressies have some yummers and spiffy stuffies in 'em...

hugs and scruffles,

chris

sarah broderick said...

Hey Morgan,

You are a good writer and you make me smile when I read your posts. Be a good doggie in the new year.

wags,
A. Sarah