Saturday, December 1, 2007

2007 Holiday Blog by Morgan


This week I am going to have this fancy whiz-bang therapy for my stretched out knee ligaments. Alice and Wayne have agreed to this treatment, and we hope it will be successful. Alice is kind of squeamish about knees. You see, when she lived in Beijing, China, (before me), she got pushed down by a mob of subway boarders and landed on her knee. By the time she got home, her knee had swollen up to twice its size. She went to a Chinese doctor at the German clinic, and he said----

Oh hey, I don’t want to write about this now. She said it was the worse pain she ever experienced, although humans have no memory for pain. Alice has no memory, period. And did I tell you she has no short-term memory left? It’s very selective. Usually she claims Wayne never told her about some planned activity. They certainly are an old married couple: Bicker, bicker, but all in fun.

Thanks to all my faithful readers out there. I want to mention a special thanks to C. about the reference to the special kind cheese (Wensleydale) mentioned in the Wallace and Grommit videos. I did not know that. Alice said she would check out Whole Foods. YUM!

And to Chloe, the SDIT, about reading: one of Alice’s good dog buddies says, “Slow is fast.” It took me much time to learn to read. But every time Alice gets out the flashcards, I know there are special treats involved. The same goes with practicing dancing. Treats, treats, treats!

Remember my motto: Will Work For Treats.

Some dogs out there would rather have praise or a toy, like a ball. I can’t see that. It’s food for me that makes me want to do a good job. But did you want advice on the “sit” and “down” command? I don’t like to do downs. I will do them, but I take my time.

When Alice asks me to do something, sometimes she rewards me with a treat, and sometimes it is praise. I never know when I will get rewarded, so I guess I had better do it, just in case!


Here are some pictures from our Thanksgiving.


Alice put a red bandana on me, so they could tell us apart. We are all the same copper color, and Chelan, the golden retriever, and I are about the same size. The little runt is a red heeler named Scout. She’s fun to play with. Here we are running in the snow, play fighting, or stallion-leaping. I get to get up on their sofa too. Neat, how well trained my humans are. And I love to burrow in the snow. It’s fun and I love the snow.



Happy holidays! Woof!

Morgan, Summit Dog, Class of 2002,(as channeled to his human partner, Alice)

No comments: