Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Morgan's Blog "Woof, woof! It's Spring"


Woof, woof!

It's spring , kinda. The birds are singing, the new smells are everywhere.

Alice is happy. She works in her garden when it's warm and sunny. Sometimes it's still cold and windy, and snowy. I go with her to her class on Tuesday mornings. It's like the old days when I was at the college, soaking up the knowledge.

This is a gardening class. She's is learning about gardening in New Mexico which is a whole new ballgame compared to gardening north of Seattle.


She also took me with her to the community college for a workshop. There were about ten people in the room and about ten service dogs. I was not allowed to greet any of them, just watch and be the veteran service dog. I got a little upset when she was interacting with some of the other dogs (they call it interviewing.) I mean what's up with that? I'm her service dog!

I really like going out with my humans. When Wayne takes me for walks he usually takes the camera along. Here 's a picture he took recently of the sky.


Alice and Wayne left me behind on Valentine's Day. I stayed with my Auntie Wendy, and though I got to sleep in her bed, I  know I missed a good trip. They saw horses, and llamas and dogs, all sorts of things. I wish I could have gone too.

Just a few more months of healing my knees. Then I can run and play again.

Alice is a good groomer. She's downright picky. She grooms me a lot! I get my teeth brushed (I like that), my ears cleaned (I don't like that),get clipped and brushed , and get my nails trimmed (don't like that, but I let her do it.)

Sometimes the cats butt in and want to be brushed too. Lately Sophie, the black cat goes along for our walks. What's with that? Who does she think she is? A dog? She just wants to see where we go when we take off . She's expanding her world, I guess. Who can blame her?


Well, that's about it for now. Alice and I were interviewed for the local paper recently. Hmm, fame is nice, but bones are better.

Woof!
Morgan, Summit Service Dog, class of 2002(and his human, Alice)

No comments: