Monday, October 22, 2007

Grooming

I've decided to write about 'grooming' this time.

We all know that we have to groom our dogs: Brush their hair and teeth, clean their ears, etc. But I'm talking about when you are feeling awful and your dog looks scraggly and you just can't manage to do the whole thing in a day. I believe the most beneficial task long term, is to run a comb through your dogs hair everyday. It takes no more than 5 minutes and you will appreciate how your dog looks. It sounds like a 'slam dunk' but I've found that the more you do it, the better the coat looks and therefore it gets easier to do because you're not dealing with a whole lot of mats, which can be energy draining.

Now, I'm not saying the other things like clean ears and teeth are not important. In fact, I try to look at it like I'm feeling sore teeth and an earache and how much they hurt. But if it's just a couple of days, this may help you to get just the one thing done. Talk with you soon. wq

No comments: