Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Welcome from "Wheelie Queen"

Hi Fellow Dog Fanciers,

My name is Jan Horton and I've been asked to start posting on a regular basis. I am a veteran Summit dog owner....I've had my dog, Krypton, for 6 yrs. now.

I will share about something you have a concern about or would be good to learn about. I expect we will, together, learn a great deal. If I can't find a theme, I will go back through the archives and see if there's something there that may be useful to touch upon.

First off, I want to say to the 8 new recipients: RELAX. You've done the hard work and now you begin a different kind of work--getting to know your dog and begin making great memories with him/her. You will probably get confused with what commands go with what task. It happens and you will not damage your dog permanently if you get confused. You'll remember it next time and after awhile your dog will begin to seemingly read your mind. Sue talked about the 'overnight' learning and it's all true. If you slept through that part of class, go back and read it now while there is no stress and pressure. It is worth knowing. I'm looking forward to reading about how your dogs are doing and what you are feeling about the whole process. Talk with you soon. wq

My real name is Janice but my Summit name became 'Wheelie Queen' when Deb Hall chose it for me. So, I will be signing as: wq. If you forget, you can call me Jan. Looking forward to getting to know you. wq

1 comment:

Alice and Morgan said...

Hey Wheelie Queen!

Do you have a new email address? We've lost track of you and the boys. What's happening in rainy ole A-town?

Love,

Morgan
canyonmorganred@yahoo.com

and Alice, Queen of the High Desert