Thursday, October 25, 2007

Morgan’s Blog


Greetings, all you mutts and people. I’m not too sure what my blog will be about today, since I’ve covered dog parks, dog dancing, the life of a service dog, reading by flashcards, vacations, and more.

Let’s see. I could talk about naps, but I don’t want you to fall asleep. I do love my naps, especially on Alice’s soft bed, when Wayne’s not around. She allows me to jump up on the bed. I admit I do spread out a bit.

What does “bed-hog” mean exactly?

We both think we’re getting away with something special, since papa Wayne does not approve of animals on furniture.


Alice usually spreads out a blanket, cause she has a number of special quilts she’s picky about, and doesn’t want them to get dirty. Tell that to Sophie, the black cat that thinks she owns the house.(Just because she’s the oldest animal, and the fattest, I may add, although the other cat, Willow is close in size.) She complains when I get on the bed. She thinks it’s her territory. Willow, the grey cat, (a dog trapped in a cat’s body), either sleeps with me or sleeps on the rocking chair in the bedroom.

We are all getting up there in dog years and cat years, so sleeping is important part of our time.

But I will jump up for walkies, or go with Alice when she heads out. I can tell ahead of time when she’s going to go out, because she goes in the bathroom and puts on earrings and lipstick and other girl stuff.

I am always ready for a car ride. Can you imagine some animals don’t like riding in a car? Take the two cats for example. They whine and cry and moan when Alice puts them in the car. Of course they know their destination is always the same: the vet. That’s the only time they ride in the car. They’re much happier staying home, you guessed it: napping in the sun.

Well, I guess I wrote about the napping thing anyway.

Gotta go sleep on my bed now, in the sun.

Yawn! Woof!

Morgan, Summit Service Dog, 2002
dictated to his human partner, Alice)

No comments: